Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Long time no blog

It's been a while since I have last posted something, but God has been doing some pretty awesome things during the past week.

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to share about my faith with one of my friends, and earlier tonight I got to do it again with some other friends. I've recently found these opportunities to be exciting, as they actively remind me of my faith and the hope that I have in Christ. While on Saturday, I talked more about my practical faith and how Christ's love has transformed and strengthened my walk of faith, this evening we shared more about our respective faiths and I was asked quite a few questions that I never put much thought into. In the midst of clutter thinking about how to answer some of their questions, I thought a bit about what really mattered.

There are things about this life that even Christians disagree about: abortion, gay marriage, who can go to heaven, etc. Although these things might have implications with regards to someone's decision to convert to Christianity - or to leave it - they should not be issues that cloud the amazing love God has for us or the call He has given us to be salt and light in the world by pouring out His love on those around us.

Additionally, God has provided me with an opportunity to help serve a church. After all the hub-bub over what Chinese class I would be placed in, I finally settled into a class that I at times feel is too easy (but at other times am thankful to be in). As always, God's plans are awesome, and I was able to meet a fellow Christian who left his "life" in Hawaii and took a step of faith to serve in Taiwan. After talking with him about how he served at his church here, he invited me to stop by one of their music practices where I was able to enjoy some fellowship with other believers in a time of prayer, praise and worship. Although I could not understand most of what they were saying due to language barriers, I felt a bit moved to help out with their music ministry. Please pray for me as I hope to be able to build up the body of Christ here in Taiwan!

I still have quite a ways to go, but hopefully by interacting more with this Chinese-speaking church, I will be better equipped to share the gospel in mandarin!

1 comment:

  1. Mopopopo, I'm so proud of you! So awesome to be fellowshipping with Taiwanese brothers & sisters there and also sharing about your faith. Will be praying for you here. A few verses that came to mind are Acts 1:8 and Matthew 28:19-20 :) God bless you bro!

    ReplyDelete