Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pig's Feet

Update: I went to the administration office again today to try to complete the registration process. They told me to come again tomorrow.

Afterwards, I went to class earlier than I had originally expected and got to talk to a few of the students. Although we were going over some familiar topics, there were a lot of words I hadn't encountered yet, so all in all, I think it's a good thing I got placed in this class.

After class, I went out to eat with some of my new classmates. Interestingly, we went to the same restaurant for lunch as I did with another group of students yesterday, but this time I was able to order something different. The students in the class were from all different places, and it was refreshing to be able to practice my chinese with them, rather than resorting to english as I had always done previously. Although it may not seem like a big deal, it was at this time where I was able to understand God's grace at work with a feeling of gratefulness.

Although I am the youngest in the class by about 4 years, I was able to interact well with the rest of the students, and was able to learn more things about at the school and in Taiwan.

In the afternoon I played basketball with a friend from school, and got crossed over by a younger kid multiple times. No big deal.

Tonight I went over to help clean up a church by doing some sweeping, Afterwards, I went to a restaurant nearby to try some pig knuckle/feet. Although it wasn't necessarily the best thing I've ever had, it was easier to swallow than I had originally expected. Although now, my fingers still smell like pig's feet. I don't know if I like that so much.

Overall, I had a very enjoyable day. Although things may not necessarily be going the way I would want them to with regards too registration, I pray that God has great things in store throughout this whole process. May He be glorified in the process!

-Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment